Follow by Email

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

inspiration abounds

Someone painted this bed:

which inspired Miss Mustard Seed to paint this bed:



which inspired me to paint this bed:


It's not the usual furniture makeover I do, but this one was special. It was a custom order for a cute couple that is furnishing their new home. Rather than buy new stuff (or even our restyled stuff) I encouraged Callin and Camille to use what they had and let me give the pieces a new look.

After a total makeover of their bed and dressers for the master bedroom,  we did their guest room furniture. They had an old bed and night stand which really, really, REALLY  needed freshening up.

I suggested to Camille that I do some hand painting on the bed and showed her some inspiration photos. She was completely on board with the symbolism and special meaning for them personally.


After chalking on the design, I went to work with my artist brushes, and did a very rustic rendering. Then the whole shebang got sanded for an even more rustic look. Sanding and a dark wax mix completed the look.


They  were so happy with the result.


 It has just the re-purposed and personal look that they wanted for their new home. I'm sure their guests will feel love, comfort and inspiration when they share life with Callin and Camille.


"In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."



1 comment:

Lilea said...

Beautiful job, Lynne!