Follow by Email

Friday, November 15, 2013

new mattress, new bedroom?

Seriously, all it takes is a new mattress and I’m ready to re-invent our bedroom.

Because that’s the way we roll…doesn't matter that the kitchen isn't finished, or the entry stairs. I want our bedroom transformed.

That itch started a few years ago. I found a paint color that we are CRAZY about…it’s one of those blue/gray tones that is soft and neutral and blue and gray at the same time. Benjamin Moore. We painted our half bath  this color and I wanted more of it. I painted one bedroom wall, and it's almost covered with window treatment. That's right, paint a wall your fav color and then cover it up. So I’m thinking the entire room will be painted this color, with one focal wall stenciled in a soft, tone on tone subtle metallic damask….is that too many adjectives?


So what is the e bedroom of our dreams? See, I dream big, and then figure out how to fit those dreams into the space I have. We came up with a few things that are important to us in our room


  • It has to be calm and restful
  • It can't be too feminine, and it can't be too masculine.
  • Layers of textures:  in the textiles, on the walls, on the furniture. Textures keep a neutral room from being boring.
  • TV is a must...and we have gone back and forth about this a LOT. So, we have to find a way to make the small television blend in as much as possible.

We already have some good elements: Neutral bedding with my inspiration fabric, the window treatments
( because I could never replace them for the $40 I spent on this neutral wall to wall, floor to ceiling fabric!)
And a chair that I slip covered with a drop cloth.

So, now I figure, with a new mattress, we have to have an actual headboard. Seriously, it’s not like we don’t have the resources to make one! JR and I spent time this morning drawing and dreaming of what that headboard should look like. I think we have a plan.

We are thinking simple and on the rough side, but not too rough. It will be painted our style to compliment a pair of  dressers that we’ll bring home from the shop.


My Bedroom inspiration Board?
Pinterest is one of the best ways to plan a room, and explore colors and style.  I save images and then make a collage to see how everything fits together. You can find lots more of my bedroom inspiration pics  by following me on Pinterest :  http://www.pinterest.com/lbrundage/    Soon, very soon, I'll be sharing an ellen j goods page, too!

No comments: