Follow by Email

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Mirror, Mirror

I love mirrors. If they are funky and old, that much better...the view through a faded or tarnished or aged glass makes me feel as if I'm looking back in time. I'm drawn to all shapes and sizes, worn and aged, painted and plaster.


a glimpse of  an image in a mirror tells a story that may otherwise obscured from view,


I love how they reflect light and expand a vista....


We can be mirrors...reflecting the emotions, moods and  attitudes of our world....


A mirror can display a vision of who we are or what we want to be.



When I saw this Sunburst Mirror in the last issue of This Old House, I knew we had to make it. 

                                          

The good folks at This Old House have given us a great tutorial on their website.


It's made from carpenter wood shims. and a mirror (which, by the way, JR purchased at the new Hobby Lobby, and I didn't get to go with him).

It was a gift made  for someone special.

I hope when they look into it, they see not only a refection of now, but the possibility of what can be. 

No comments: